Search

Thursday 12 January 2012

New Readers Start Here

I've decided to start a blog. I don't need a justification, so don't expect one. In fact, considering the random stream of drivel, puns and outrageous slurs heading your way, don't expect an apology either.

You'll be pleased to know I devoted a little over 5 minutes to the tricky subject of choosing a name. I was surprised it hadn't already been taken (thinks: perhaps it really is naff). As I am an Arsenal fan, and as I like what no one these days calls popular music, I thought I'd combine the two. Actually, while I do like Elbow, I'm more of a Sonic Youth kinda guy, so I did toy with Arsonic, but then I spolit it by trying to cram something about old lace in as well. This made me think of Paper Lace, at which point I saw the error of my ways.

If you want the truth, I was inspired by Dr. Dilligaff. I'm particularly impressed by the otherwise exiguous nature of his site (less is the new more), and the excellent proof that the best things on the Web do not require DHTML. I haven't had such fun "viewing source" for a long time.

6 comments:

  1. Dave, just what kind of 'Loafer' wears a shirt and tie in their profile photo? I smell a rodent....

    Yours (desperately seeking a new conspiracy theory, the NWO is so passe these days!)

    The Murphia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so loafably cheap I can't even be bothered to get a new photo, so I've just recycled the one from my old S3 ID card

      Delete
    2. I think you are in need of an intervention so I shall alert 'Baillie & Sargeant' to come photograph you!

      Delete
  2. Surely with your love of Agadoo the blog could have been entitled 'Arsonic and Black Lace'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you intend to give one more 'f' than the Doctor ... a flying f*ck perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think it was an unconscious, inverse homage to his scantiness. Or something.

      Delete